Mission & Values
The Amos and Celia Heilicher Minneapolis Jewish Day School provides a strong academic foundation in general and Jewish studies in an environment in which students feel positive about themselves and others. The Day School is committed to academic excellence and the pursuit of learning as a lifelong venture. The school reflects and teaches respect for the diversity of Jewish life. We challenge our students to exemplify the values of Judaism and of American democratic principles.
Our vision is built on a strong synergy between students and faculty. Our educators inspire our students to find their passion and reach their highest potential. Graduates of the Day School will be recognized as successful learners and leaders committed to the Jewish community and the global society throughout their lives.
10 Core Values
Our community is guided by 10 core values which appear throughout the school. The core values come to life as students study each one through coordinated and creative activities and everyday age-appropriate learnings.
- Our Community / כָּל יִשְׂרָאֵל / Kol Yisrael
- You Shall Love Your Neighbor / וְאָהַבְתָּ לְרֵעֲךָ / V’ahavta L'rey'acha
- Guard Your Tongue / נְצֹר לְשׁוֹנְךָ / N’tzor L’shonecha
- And If Not Now / וְאִם לֹא עַכְשָׁיו / V’im Lo Acshav
- You Shall Not Wrong a Stranger / וְגֵר לֹא-תוֹנֶה / V’ger Lo Toneh
- Judge Favorably / וֶהֱוִי דָן / V’havei Dan
- A Mitzvah Leads To Another Mitzvah / מִּצְוָה גוֹרֶרֶת מִצְוָה / Mitzvah Gorrerret Mitzvah
- It Is Not Entirely Upon You / לֹא עָלֶיךָ / Lo Alecha
- On Three Things / עַל שְׁלֹשָׁה דְבָרִים / Al Shelosha D’varim
- Make For Yourself a Mentor / עֲשֵׂה לָךְ רַב / Aseh L’cha Rav