Hebrew Curriculum by Grade Level
Preparing Your Child For A Dual-Language Program
Across our program we are committed to providing a variety of flexible Hebrew groupings, to accommodate many learning styles and paces. This allows us to welcome students mid-program with little or no Hebrew language experience. Regardless of the grade your child enters HMJDS we will support his or her Hebrew learning during the defined school day through small-group work and differentiated instruction.
- Students entering second grade or above will be asked to engage in private Hebrew tutoring during the summer preceding their enrollment.
- We will provide families with the names of Hebrew tutors familiar with teaching our curriculum.
- Tutoring is usually two times per week.
- Compensation for these tutors will be the family’s responsibility.
- We may recommend some less-intensive tutoring during the school year.