Heilicher parents and extended family members actively participate in their children's school lives.
The feeling of community at this school is truly unique. I know the staff and other parents are looking out for our daughter like she’s family.
"My Jewish day school experience has had a profound impact on my life in high school and now in college. Interestingly, I think it had just as profound an impact on my parents’ lives too."
Getting Involved is Easy
The PTO provides a wealth of volunteer opportunities for family engagement within and outside of the school walls. All parents, teachers, and staff are automatically members of the PTO, and are encouraged to sign up for whatever activities and tasks they find interesting.
The following are just some of the activities which PTO supports:
During the School Day:
- Room Parents
- Art Room Helpers
- Art Adventure (Year-long exploration with Minneapolis Institute of Arts)
- Tallit Project (Sixth-grade Jewish Prayer Shawl Interdisciplinary Project)
- Field Trips Chaperones
- Dining Room Assistance
- One-on-one Reading Assistance
- Assisting with Research Projects
- Holiday Projects
Special Events and School Life:
- Family-to-Family Mentors
- Summer Kindergarten Park Playdates
- Back-to School Coffees
- Information Evenings and Parlor Meetings
- Parent Ambassadors
- Hesed Committee (Kindness committee providing assistance to families in need)
- Book Fair
- Eighth-grade Plant Sales
- Heilicher Annual Benefit Committees
For a complete listing of volunteer opportunities, please see our Volunteer Page