Ways to Give
"One mitzvah leads to another mitzvah ..." (Mishnah Avot 4:2)
Give the Gift of Education
Each year, Heilicher Minneapolis Jewish Day School students benefit from the philanthropic support of families across our community. Through the generosity of close to 700 annual donors, as well as those who have made meaningful endowment and legacy gifts to our school, we are able to create future generations of Jewish learners and leaders.
With your generous contributions, we can ensure that every child who desires an extraordinary Heilicher education has access to it. Through philanthropic support, the values of our parents, grandparents, and the generations that preceded them are perpetuated long into the future.
Give online today or connect with us by email or phone.
Institutional Advancement Director
Amos and Celia Heilicher Minneapolis Jewish Day School
4330 South Cedar Lake Road
Minneapolis, MN 55416
Donate to Heilicher
- Give Online
- Annual Fund
- Annual Benefit Sponsorships
- Tribute and Memorial Gifts
- It's Your Legacy
Make a gift online today through our secure PayPal link. The online giving form will allow you to designate the purpose of your gift, note whether it is a tribute or memorial contribution, and provide contact information for acknowledgment.
The Heilicher Annual Fund is the core of the school's unrestricted fundraising campaign. Your Annual Fund gift helps us continue to enhance our core academic, Judaic, arts, and athletics programs. Your gift also keeps our school financially accessible to any child in the community who wishes to attend. And this year, thanks to the generosity of a community donor, every increase that is designated for need-based financial assistance will be matched 1:1.
Participate in the Heilicher Annual Benefit - our largest fundraising event of the year, and an opportunity for our whole community to come together to celebrate our school! Whether through an event sponsorship, tribute gift, participation in the online or live auction, or by attending the event itself, there are many ways to be part of this wonderful evening.
Check out sponsorship opportunities for the 2017 Annual Benefit.
Make a gift to Heilicher to honor or remember a loved one. We will send an acknowledgment card to the individual or family in whose name the gift is being made. Simply choose the "tribute or memorial" contribution option online, or send in a check with a note designating in whose honor/memory the gift is being made. Please do not forget to tell us where to send an acknowledgement.
The goal of our Endowment and Planned Giving program is to provide for the long-term needs of our school. By supporting programmatic growth, teaching excellence, state-of-the-art facilities, technology, and the myriad of other factors that make Heilicher an exceptional school, we can ensure that it remains strong and vibrant for generations to come.
An endowment is a charitable fund that will be invested for generations to come. Each year, a percentage of the assets (generally 4%) will be distributed to the school. Donors may choose to donate to an existing endowment or create an endowment fund to benefit Heilicher (either unrestricted or for a particular program area). Over time, as the fund grows, the annual distribution amount will grow as well.
You do not have to be wealthy to help. You can begin with a small initial gift which can grow over time and ultimately provide important and needed funding for the school.
For information on establishing or contributing to an endowment fund, contact Beckie Skelton, Institutional Advancement Director, at 952.381.3503 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
All Endowment and Planned Giving Funds established for the benefit of Heilicher Minneapolis Jewish Day School are managed by the Jewish Community Foundation of the Minneapolis Jewish Federation. The Foundation has legal and financial experts to help you determine the best way to structure your endowment or legacy giving.
To reach the Foundation staff, call 952.593.2600.
Heilicher Minneapolis Jewish Day School Endowment Funds as of February 1, 2016
- Anita and Julius Kieffer Family Education Fund
- Leonard and Betty Parker Endowment Fund
- Minneapolis Jewish Day School Designated Fund II
- Celebrate the Arts Fund
- Herb and Betty Kohn Scholarship Fund
- Rose M. Aronson Scholarship Fund
- Emma F. Gilbert Celebrate the Arts Designated Fund
- Martin Van Adelsberg Memorial Building and Maintenance Fund
- Alvin and Florence Greenberg Arts Fund
- Kozberg Family Staff Career Enhancement Fund
- Minneapolis Jewish Day School Scholarship Fund
- Ceitel Beiner Frank Scholarship Fund
- Audrey Goldfarb Fund for Special Needs Education
- Minneapolis Jewish Day School Technology Fund
- Minneapolis Jewish Day School Building & Maintenance Fund
- Saul and Ada Graf Memorial Holocaust Education Fund
- William S. Rosen Jewish Education Fund
- Harold and Fleurette Spear HMJDS Scholarship Fund
- Raella Weinstein Scholarship Fund for HMJDS
- Kenneth and Sally Leafman Appelbaum Science Endowment
- Cornfield Family Judaic Studies Enhancement
- Shirley and Zollie Baratz Fund
- Adam and Mia Rafowitz Family Music Designated Fund
- Heidi and Brian Pergament Designated Fund for Inclusive Education
- David and Eileen Kohn Family Professional Development Fund
- Gerald Gottlieb Tuition Scholarship Endowment Fund
- Henry and Harriet Davis Family Endowment Fund
- Glassman-Kaufman Family Fund for Multicultural Programming
- Amos and Celia Heilicher Foundation
- Dr. Ray Levi Fund for Professional Development
- Leonard and Fay Ribnick Scholarship Fund
- Kenneth & Sally Leafman Appelbaum HMJDS Communications Fund
- Beverly and Richard Fink Endowment Fund (scholarships)
Heilicher is proud to have been selected to participate in the four-year Life and LegacyTM Program sponsored by the Minneapolis Jewish Federation and the Jewish Federation of Greater St. Paul and the Harold Grinspoon Foundation.
Through this unique program, in which many local Jewish community agencies and synagogues are participating, we will be working closely with donors to consider endowment and legacy giving as an important way to achieve their philanthropic goals. We will partner with donors to identify areas of particular programmatic interest, and will encourage community members to sign Letters of Intent indicating a willingness to include Heilicher in their endowment or estate planning.
We welcome the opportunity to meet with you to discuss your legacy or endowment commitment to Heilicher. Your support will help provide an extraordinary Heilicher education to our community’s children now and for generations to come.
For additional information, please contact Rebecca Skelton, Institutional Advancement Director, at 952.381.3503 or email@example.com.