Here in MinneSNOWta we have to embrace the long winter months. Here is a list of our favorite winter activities to get you through the long, cold months.
- Explore the trails: go snowshoeing, cross-country skiing, or just for a snow hike with the family.
- Spend a day ice skating.
- Visit Elm Creek Park: Bring your favorite pet to Elm Creek Park where they have designated trails for dog sledding or head over to their tubing hill (they have a 10-story moving sidewalk you can ride up the hill before hopping on a tube and gliding down the hill).
- Check out the St. Paul Winter Carnival, the oldest winter festival in the United States.
- Try Curling. Did you know the U.S. Men’s championship curling team was from Duluth?
- Cheer on the home team. Check out a Minnesota Wild hockey game at the Xcel Center or a Minnesota Timberwolves basketball game at the Target Center.
- Hit the slopes. Afton Alps, Buck Hill, Hyland Hills, Welch Village, and Wild Mountain are all within 1 hour of the Twin Cities.
- Visit the Marjorie McNeely Conservatory and immerse yourself in greenery and 70OF temperatures to escape the cold.
- Joys and